Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 end of support
Exchange Server 2007 !! After many years of success, Exchange Server 2007 is reaching end of support on April 11, 2017, per Microsoft Lifecycle Policy. As a reminder, after this date, there will be no new security updates, non-security updates, free or paid assisted support options or online technical content updates. In addition to Exchange Server, the following Office products will also reach end of support within the next 12 months.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 SP3, Effective Date: 4/11/2017
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007 SP3, Effective Date 10/10/2017
- Microsoft Office Servers 2007 SP3, Effective Date 10/10/2017
- Microsoft Office Suite 2007 SP3, Effective Date 10/10/2017
- Microsoft Office Project 2007 SP3, Effective Date 10/10/2017
- Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Server 2007 SP1, Effective Date 10/10/2017
- Microsoft Office Visio 2007 SP3, Effective Date 10/10/2017
After the end of support date is reached, there will be no new security updates, non-security updates, free or paid assisted support options or online technical content updates. Furthermore, as adoption of Office 365 accelerates and on premise deployments decrease, custom support options for all Office products will no longer be available after end of support dates noted above.
Recommended options to handle the upcoming end of support:
1) Leverage FastTrack to move from prior versions of Exchange Server and Office to Office 365
Migrate to Exchange Online and or Office 365 Pro Plus as part of Office 365. Customers deployed on Office 365 will always be up-to-date without the worry of end of support deadlines. The Microsoft FastTrack is ready to help and will provide onboarding guidance and data migration services to all eligible Office 365 customers. Once a subscription to Office 365 has been purchased, our FastTrack engineers will aid help you upgrade from Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Online or from Office Professional Plus to Office 365 ProPlus, as to ensure the initial migration and upgrade is completed successfully.
You can review the FastTrack Benefit Overview to learn more about how to work with Microsoft specialists to get your Exchange Server environment ready for use or your Office 365 ProPlus installation completed. The FastTrack Center can provide:
- data migration, rollout and planning support for Exchange Online
- assistance in testing, repackaging, and distributing the latest on-premises version (Office 2016) included as part of Office 365 ProPlus.
2) Leverage Deployment Planning Services as part for Software Assurance
Customers that are on Software Assurance can utilize their Deployment Planning benefits to plan for upgrades and migrations to O365. Benefit information, including available engagements can be found on the Software Assurance Planning Services.
3) Leverage Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS)
Customers also have options to engage with Microsoft Consulting Services where available, to assist with planning and deployment activities related to upgrades and migrations to Office 365
For Premier customers that need additional upgrade or deployment assistance, please work with your Premier Services account team (TAMS, Service Sellers) for additional options.
Be ready and don´t wait until last minute. For this type of topic also you can find more information here Microsoft Volume Licensing.
December 27, 2016
June 15, 2017